Marco Reus’ agent has said that alleged interest from Cristino Ronaldo’s new Saudi Arabian club Al Nassr is not a surprise.
He said so, because the future of the Borussia Dortmund captain beyond the season is not decided yet.
British paper Daily Mail had reported Al Nassr’s interest in the 33-year-old forward who missed the recent World Cup in Qatar with an ankle injury.
Croatia star Luka Modric of Real Madrid and former Spain defender Sergio Ramos of Paris Saint-Germain are allegedly also on the radar of Al Nassr who had announced the signing of Portuguese superstar Ronaldo last week.
Reus’ agent, Dirk Hebel, told Sunday paper Bild am Sonntag that “it is quite normal that other clubs are interested in a player like Marco, whose contract expires in six months.
“Marco has always stressed how close Dortmund are to his heart, but also that he wants to continue playing football. So it’s quite normal that we have to look at other options,” he said.
Dortmund have said they want to talk about a possible contract extension with Dortmund-born Reus, who has been at the club since 2012, early in the year. He has scored 156 goals in 368 games for them, winning two German Cups.
Reus has said in the past that he would like to end his career at Dortmund but he may have to accept a pay cut in the case of a contract renewal as Dortmund aim to make success and not playing time key elements of future contracts.